Wednesday, January 13, 2016

NEVER HAVE I EVER READ Lord of the Rings.

I must confess...

I have never read LOTR.

When I first started watching the series, it wasn't like I wasn't aware it was a book, originally. I just thought it was still ongoing or something. I didn't really link the movies to the books. Some reason I thought they were two separate things or something.

Was J. R. R. Tolkien heavily involved in the making of LOTR? I have heard that he wasn't...somewhere I think I've heard it.

So I fell in love with Legolas without having read the books...then I LOTR-Wikia-ed him and found a lot more about him that was never really mentioned in the movies...

I still liked him.

Actually I liked him even more knowing that he was actually a Prince. Some reason I thought all elvin royalty in LOTR just sat around doing nothing and feeling superior. But Legolas goes head-on into the battle with just a bow and arrow...and possibly a few short daggers. But...mainly just a bow and arrow.

Anyway, I did not know for sure what his position was until I looked him up. I thought he was maybe a Duke or something.

Okay, Prince Legolas, alright. Royalty. That's fine :)

Stories that dense...idk if I could follow them in a book. Yet, my own book, my novel I've been working on for 5 years or so is getting quite dense so maybe I just have to suck it up and get used to it.

I actually recently bought the Fellowship of the Ring to use to increase my descriptive vocabulary in my own novel. I mean, J. R. R. Tolkien is basically the mastermind behind all fantasy novels, right? I have so much trouble describing scenery and action scenes so, I thought I'd use that first book as like, a textbook.

It's a good idea, isn't it? :)

Yes, I think it is :)

Talking to mahself here, don't mind me just move on to the next part :)



Anyway, I could go on and on how AWESOME Legolas is but I won't because I need to go to bed! :0

Anyway, anyway, anyway, there you have it. The reasons I have not read LOTR, er, rather the confession that I haven't.

See ya later alligators! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment