Monday, January 18, 2016

Choosing Between Either Love or Trust

In a strange, strange world, humans are given a choice by some kind of high-authority-sort-of-person-that-is-not-a-religious-thing. We must choose one. Either--now bear with me here--either,

LOVE

or

TRUST.

Why did I bring this stupid weird OF COURSE IT'S THIS ONE! kind of question up is because I went to a website and saw a question that asked you to choose one or the other.

That got me thinking...

  1. Is there love without trust and would you want it?
  2. Is there trust without love and would you want it?
  3. Could you trust a friend, or family member, but not love them?
  4. You probably cannot love someone without trusting them. But trust without love...is it possible and if it is would you want it?

Okay, so the first one. Love without trust.

Sounds daunting...

Some religious people might say "love thy neighbor" and when you do "love thy neighbor" you might not actually TRUST them. I mean, I wouldn't trust my neighbor with my most personal secrets.

But that's like...normal, right? What about for relationships?

You date someone. You love them. But do you need trust? If you're gonna get deep and personal yes. But can't you have a relationship without trust?



Trust. What da heck is trust anyway? Is it a feeling? Can you list up things that make up trust? WHAT DA HECK I DON'T EVEN....



Okay, let's just leave that to the pros. Second question! Trust without love.

I trust my friends to some extent. But do I love them? I like them. Not love. Love is too strong.

I trust my parents. Do I love them? Yes, that's what parents are for.

So yes, in some contexts, you can have trust without love (love as in the strong relationship sense).

And...we already answered the third question.

Now the forth. Would I, or people in general, want trust without love?
Well, maybe we don't want it but it might be as good as it gets. You know? Like, you can't ask your friend to love you in the way your parents love you but you can trust them. So friendship with trust is probably the best thing you're gonna get with your friend.

Love or trust, trust or love, love without trust, trust without love...

What? I don't even know, I don't...da heck...so confuzzled...

No comments:

Post a Comment