Monday, May 23, 2016

Response to Sudden Sickness can Determine Fight or Flight in a More Dire Situation?

Unexpected sickness can determine whether we will choose Fight or Flight when facing a real enemy??????

So today in Japan, and I really mean today like this very day like May 23rd 2016, it was 30 degrees Celsius or 86 Fahrenheit. I converted it for you because I know we are all lazy bums who can't look up those easy things by ourselves.

And I saved you time from asking Siri because I know Siri can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

Anyway, it was so hot but I didn't think it was that hot and I didn't think I would EVER EVER NEVER get heatstroke.

But I did.

Yeah. It started out with a stomach ache (I just typed stomache and fixed it, but hey, let's just roll with that) and I get those from time to time so I thought it was just a stomache.

Oh it was painful! :0  So painful, oh mah gawd :0

Anyway, almost immediately from the point I went back out in the sun again cuz I had to go to the bank, I felt dizzy, spinny, lightheaded, woozy, nauseous and my stomache still stomached.

I get to the bank and I feel okay for a bit until I go talk to the lady and suddenly, like as if someone hit me with their magic from their magic wand with their magic spell,

ZAP!

I felt so lightheaded and really not well I told the lady "oh sorry I gotta sit down, uhm..." and she looked worried and I didn't care what people thought at that moment and just sat down.

I needed to go to a school event and I was starting to consider these things:

"Maybe I should come back to the bank on another day?"

"But I really do need to pay tuition..." (ugh, tuition)

"Maybe I shouldn't go to school today because I have a presentation to give tomorrow, yeah, maybe I shouldn't do that to myself. Maybe I should even not go to school tomorrow. Maybe I should tell them I can't make it."

"Maybe I should call Mom. Maybe I should tell her."

"But I really do need to pay tuition...maybe it'll pass?" I was talking about the sickness, not tuition.

"Why am I sweating so much? And it's so liquidy like water..."

"Maybe I really should do this tomorrow, wait, can I even go tomorrow? What if I'm really sick?"

I live in a dorm so "Maybe I should call the dorm and tell the dorm mother and dorm father that I need some help?"

Even though I can take the bus home "Maybe I should take a taxi? Oh it's so painful! Maybe I should ask the bank to get me a cab? Can the bank do things like that for you?"

I feel a bit better and then when all the tuition is paid, I go to Starbucks and search the Web cuz I've got a hunch (and yes, I also had lunch there). Yep, heatstroke. UGH YOU TERRIBLE TERRIBLE THING I HATE YOU! okay, enough ranting.

So, I'm completely sorta better now after sitting in a cool area and drinking lots of water and stuff. I realized that, or rather thought that when we are unexpectedly sick, our individual instincts kick in and we either choose Fight or Flight.

Mine was, flight.

I was all "Gotta skip school, call my mom, stop whatever I'm doing and go home and hide, get away, get away, get away" rather than "I need to go to the doctor, I need to figure this out. I need to fight this. Drink more water!"

Well, maybe it was flight because I didn't know it was heatstroke. But I do this even when I have just a really bad cold.

So then I thought well, in the zombie apocalypse, DO NOT rely on me.

See ya later, alligators. AND WATCH OUT FOR HEATSTROKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment