Friday, May 20, 2016

Alonliness: Alone and Lonely are Different?

We have all been alone. We have all felt lonely.

Oh my gawd, such sad puppy! :0
Such sadness. Sad heart :0
Such sad. Puppy alone :0
Rain fall. Rain sad. Sad puppy :0
(doge reference)
But then, it got me thinking being the "alone" person I am most of the time, does being alone and being lonely both lead to loneliness?

I say no. Most introverts like me would probably say the same thing.

When we are alone, we don't FEEL lonely. They are two different things in our minds.

What about other people? What about some of you guys? Some of you alligators out there?

Well then, if alone-ness (being alone) is prolonged, and it starts to get to your mind and affects you negatively, you could start FEELING lonely. If I am alone, especially if I've had a bad day or if I'm sick, then I do start FEELING lonely despite the fact that I am an introvert and sometimes I would rather be alone even.

So I have been doing the all-caps for FEELING. I say we can safely say that "lonely" is a FEELING and alone is your relationship status or your interaction status at the time. If you are by yourself, not interacting with anyone and no one is in your vicinity for you to interact with, then you are alone but not necessarily LONELY because that is a FEELING. If there are strangers all around you and not one friend or acquaintance is nearby, then you are alone. But do you FEEL lonely? Not always, right?

Even those people who are extroverts and talk to strangers a lot and maybe sometimes get into a little bit of trouble with them, might at times feel lonely when they realize they are alone.

Hm, so being alone means you don't have any acquaintances, friends, family, or even your pet nearby? Even if there are hundreds and hundreds of people around you, if you don't know any of them you might feel lonely because you are alone?

Wait, wait, I'm getting confused. So we can't FEEL alone? We are alone, thus we feel lonely, right?

If we are alone, and because of that we feel lonely sounds a little bit weird. Think about it. We should be feeling "alonliness" instead. If we are happy, because of that we feel happiness. If we are sad, because of that we feel sadness. Makes sense to be alone and feel aloneliness, right?

I propose lonely as: "When one has no one they know in their near vicinity may feel lonely because they have no one to talk to or interact with."

I then propose alonliness as: "When we are alone, by ourselves, we should feel alonliness just as if we are happy, we feel happiness. Being alone and feeling lonely is like being happy and feeling sadness, they are two different things."

I am such a confused individual. I have no idea if any of this makes sense.



Alone. Break it down it is "a lone". Ring a bell? Yep, The Lone Ranger.

Here is my thought process from my notes (I regret not writing this post the day I came up with this because at the time it made lots of sense and it felt like golden sunshine rainbow fantasy fun).



The Lone Ranger

We say "he's a loner"

"He's alone"

"alone" means "by one's self"

applied to many other cases other than the Ranger

Could alone have derived from A lone ranger? or A loner?

Loners aren't lonely, right? They choose to be alone.

END OF NOTES

Okay then, that means...if you choose it, how can you FEEL lonely?

Hm, okay then.

We introverts choose to be alone, hence, we are all Lone Rangers.
And when we are alone and we feel something, that something is alonliness.

There it is, the conclusion :D

Phew!

See ya later, alligators! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment