Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Do Re Mi Rewrite Challenge

We all know, er, most of us know that Do is a deer, a female deer and Re is a drop of golden sun.

We all know Mi, a name I call myself and Fa, a long, long way to run. So is a needle pulling thread and La is a note to follow So. Ti, a drink with jam and bread. That will bring us back to Do. Oh, oh, oh.

(I made up a random and maybe more universal Do Re Mi at the end of the post. Cookie dough is involved.)

But who da heck decided Do will be a deer, and a female one. Here is the translated Japanese version of the Do Re Mi song.


Do is the Do of Doughnut
Re is the Re of Lemon (pronounced like Ray-mon in Japanese English)
Mi is everyone's Mi ("Min-na" means "everyone" in Japanese. I don't know why I translated it first)
Fa is fight's Fa (Fight! in Japanese English means something along the lines of "Go! You can do it!")
So is a blue sky ("Sora" means "sky" in Japanese)
Ra is the Ra of "Rappa" ("Rappa" is trumpet in Japanese)
Shi is happy (They say "shiawase" pronounced "shea-wa-say" which means "happy")
Now let's sing it! Do, do, do, do

And then they go into the
do mi mi, mi so so, re fa fa, la ti ti!
So, do, la, fa, mi, do, re, so, do la, ti, do, re, do!

How about Do Re Mi song through Google Translate (English to French to Spanish to Chinese to English)

This is the English one I used:

"Doe a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long long way to run!
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow sew!
Tea, a drink with jam and bread!
That will bring us back to Doe!
Oh, oh, oh"

No citation cuz it's from memory :)

Went through the translations...

"Doe deer, doe
Ray, a drop of golden sun
I, a name I call myself
Run far, far away!
Traction stitch line
Shangri-La, a note to follow sew!
Tea, jam and bread and drink!
This brings us back duo!
Oh, oh, oh"

Ahaha, close actually. Although "stitch line"??? Da heck...

"Tea, jam and bread and drink!" sounds like someone's extremely excited about eating and drinking.

Let's put that weird one into Japanese, and then English.

"Doushika, female
Ray, a drop of golden sun
I, the name I call myself
Far away, please run far away!
Traction stitch line
Shangri-La, notebook in order to sew follow!
Black tea, jam, bread and drinks!
This is, it duo take home!
, Oh, oh, oh"



Let's put that into Icelandish, Swahili, German, and Czech and THEN back to English.

Okay, here it is.

"Doshita, female
Ray, a drop of golden sun
I, the name says itself
Please run far far away!
Trap lines of stitching
Shangri-La, register stitch guide!
Black tea, jam, bread and drink!
It is to take the duo to take home!
Oh, oh, oh"

Shangri-La does NOT want to go anywhere :P

In Japanese, Doshita actually means "What's wrong?" and you say "dou-shita-no?"

So it's like What's wrong? female Ray, a drop of golden sun. Ay, the name says itself. Please run far, far away! :0

:P

Here's Randomish. Just made it up. I made sure you can sing it with the melody of the original "Do-Re-Mi Song".

Don't! forget to pay me back
Raise! my salary today
Meet! my friend she's really nice
Found! the remote control device
So! when will you return?
Love! those new shoes you got!
See! I have new ones, too!
Let's all eat some cookie dough, oh, oh, oh.

I challenge you, to make one, too. (Rhymed on a purposeful accident :P )

See ya later, alligators :)

No comments:

Post a Comment