Friday, March 11, 2016

See ya later, alligators! Evolution of my Signature Ending Remark

I'm checking this out because I am curious. If I entertain you in the process, it's a plus for me! :D

YouTubers always have their signature ending remark, if not a signature beginning remark. I thought I would like to have a signature ending remark and I went on the Rollercoaster of Inconsistencies to finally find my treasure that is

"See ya later, alligators"

Let's look at my rickety ride, shall we?


At first I ended with conclusitory (?) remarks.
"So..."
"At the end..."
You know, that sort of thing. Like an essay. A casual essay.



Then I BEGGED people to comment.
"Please comment below and tell me what you think!"
Oh, that stuff. Boy was I desparate :/



But I did thank you guys for reading, er, glancing.
"Thank you for reading!"



I also tried to end with a cliff-hanger thing like,
"Can you imagine our planet Earth without any human beings?"


I also tried to hook you with twist endings.
Like one I showed a bunch of cute kitten pics and at the end a pic of a kitten with the captions "the voices are telling me to kill you" which are not my own captions but I did try to hook you there.



In the post "The Truth About Japan" I say,
"goodnight folks!"



Another I say,
"adios!"
Ahaha, what da heck me :P



Then I go back to begging for comments...



Then again begging for comments...



Ending with a question again...



Just found a spelling error "Think about this and right your answers in the comments." on the post "Will we always fight?"  I guess I didn't want people "wrong"ing their answers :P



A few posts later I say
"Anyway, that's that!"



Oh, wow, look at this one
"So, yeah, that be 'bout it, buddy." Ahahahaha da heck! :D



Classic stuff.
"The End."



I talk a lot after it but here's another.
"Hope you enjoyed the Santa Claus theory!" At least I was happy about it.



A sibling to "Anyway, that's that!"
"Well, that's it!"



Ohhh, a dare.
"I dare you."



And then more begging for comments.



FINALLY!
See ya later alligators :) Seen in "The Something = Nothing Theory (SuperCarlinBrothers video link linked!)"



Oh no! It went back again!
"Hope you guys enjoyed this celebrity talk! :)"



And again back to asking questions at the end.



And then some Wild West stuff.
"Ok, bye *runs like the wind*"



I do talk more after but we're back to
"Later alligators! :D"



Aaaand then I beg for comments.



Double whammy!
I beg for comments and say "See ya later."



My iPhone post on December 11, 2014 also celebrates the first ever Random Day.
"Anyway, Happy Random Day (because it's a day that only comes randomly and it's the first day this has happened...) and hope you have a randomly awesome life :)"



Then I go back to asking these questions you guys are not going to answer...



And then you guys all know I don't talk to you, I type to you. This is an old gag of mine.
"Thanks for listenin'... I mean readin'."



Apparently you guys are cows chewing on your cud.
"Chew on that."



I celebrate unofficial Random Day and end it with a bang.
"Well, I guess that's about it for this blog...
Peace, OUT! :D
Hmm, I need a better signature ending... I'll think of one... later.
Anyways, Happy Random Day! Stay random, peeps! :D"



I try cute.
"Byez :3"



Oh ho! Getting there.
"Well, that's the end of that.
See ya later, alligator."



Of course that one, is still singular.
Then, I must've been really tired.
"gah, dozed off. byez XD"



Back again.
"See ya later, alligator :)"



And back again.
"Byez."



And then I guess I decide...
"So anyway, let's end this thing with my signature ending.
See ya later, alligators! :D"



For the first time I'm being consistent???
"See ya later alligators :)"



Still no comma though.
"See ya later alligators!"



And then I end with a question because I'm superhyper in "What I think about Gay Marriage".



Conclusitory remark again.



Back again.
"Happy Random Day and see you later alligators! :D" Da heck. The font is different.



And staying.
"Later alligators :D"



And I do this thing
"Have a fantasy-ish random night, day, afternoon, and see ya later alligators! :D" I said all that in the beginning because I knew there was a time difference issue with you guys. I still do that sometimes.



And then I beg for your comments and say
"See ya later alligators! :D"



Being creative after being consistent for three whole posts
"see yah in the next chaptah, alligatahs :D"
"See ya in the next episode, alligators :D"



AND THE COMMA MAKES ITS APPEARANCE
"See ya later, alligators! :D"



Sometimes, I'm not too casual
"See you later, alligators!"



*sniffle sniffle tear* goodbye comma
"See ya later alligators!"



In a post about Kit-Kat I say
"See ya later, chocolate-hungry alligators! :D"



WOOT WOOT!
"See ya later, alligators! :D"



Maybe, maybe I was lazy?
"Later alligators :)"



Lighter notes follow heavy text
"On a lighter note; see ya later alligators! :D"




From about "Things that look like faces...that talk" I'm starting to be consistent. Still it is either "See ya later alligators!" or "See ya later, alligators!". The second one with the comma feels more natural now.



So, all in all, we can all safely conclude that

I HAVE FOUND MY SIGNATURE ENDING REMARK.

See ya later, alligators :D

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, now you are making me want to go back and see what I say at the end. Well not on Twitter cause I don't get the whole infatuation with Twitter, although if you love Twitter...God Bless...you go for it! Ha! That God Bless reminds me of a line in the movie. I can hear the line and the voice but forget what the movie was or the actor! I hate when that happens. Anyway...cute post. In a while crocodile! :)

    ReplyDelete