Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Fantasy Food in Fantasy Stories: idk what da heck...

When writing a story, you need to make the world real, especially for fantasy writing. Or for my story that I'm writing. If you want, you can read it at "Figment: Write Yourself In". Go to "search". Type in "Liaffon" and click. Then search "writings".
****************************************** :) *smiles* *******************

So, you try to bring in REAL things to make your story more REAL even though it's not.

Like music, food, art, and stuff.

I got the music part down. It's good to go to Wiki and type in List of musical instruments and then look for ones that match your region of story and then see if they match your era, then look them up on YouTube to see what they sound like.

I found out that
I cannot figure out HOW DA HECK people play the bugle when it has no pushing knobs.

Completely. A. Mystery.

Anyway, food is...well, it shows culture and what they have available and how rich or poor they are.

Right now in my story, I have an autumn soup, some chicken-like cooking, some traditional breads and butters, and...and not much actually.

SO WHAT CAN I PUT! I have no idea I don't...I...uhm...

I thought about books I read, for a start. Just any book. Not many books, apart from maybe the hunger games, really talks about what kind of food people eat.

Rather, eating isn't really the main part of their story.

In my story, it comes out frequently. I use it to show the culture and traditions and they have a before-meal prayer which shows their belief system (no not Christian. Something else that doesn't exist in our world), and it contrasts with a futuristic world and the village world...

I looked up "crumpet" when I was looking up "bugle" and "trumpet" (half kidding, half not). Do people still eat crumpets? Are they good? Do you like them? Tasty?

With the food aspect, I'm kinda up against a wall here, cornered in my own story. Somehow I need to come out of this cuz I'm gonna polish this up in APRIL Camp NaNoWriMo.

And that is soon, so. Omg, idk, even, I...er, uhm...

I AM A NANOWRIMO WARRIOR!

I AM A NANOWRIMO WARRIOR!

But this NaNoWriMo is different then the others. The others, I wrote a story from scratch. But this story is one I have been working on for 5 years almost. It's far too IMPORTANT to just charge and slay it like those awful Crusades.

If I'm not too busy, I might, in July Camp NaNoWriMo, tackle a genre I have kinda been avoiding...

nope, not romance,

historical fiction.

Avoiding because you need to do research. With my story, I'm getting to know the Victorian age quite a bit. I'll probably be able to write something, like a story, a 40,000 word story...

Anyway, enough rambling.

Have any suggestions for establishing good delicious sounding fantasy food, or have any favorite fantasy foods you would most definitely want to try?

Let me know in the...not the COMMENT section...in the...the...COMET section. Ahaha :P

See ya later, alligators :)

No comments:

Post a Comment