Monday, February 15, 2016

Teens Ask About God and Faith stuffs.

When you look up "Tough Questions teens ask" on Google, a majority of them are about God and Faith. Though the first one that came up was "Tough questions teens ask about sex". But we don't go in that direction in my blog.

I know that in the U.S. and many other places, religion is part of the lifestyle.

And typically it's even worse than talking about your sexuality, well, you get into more heated discussions.

Because I wasn't brought up in a family, or an environment that took religion seriously, I just can't understand why religion is such a big deal to talk about.

I'm not an atheist. I do believe, somewhat, in god. I am Christian, to some extent. I have read the bible, a lot. I have deciphered it, a little. But it's just not such a big deal to me.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be a big deal to any of you. I mean, I'm not telling you you shouldn't do this or that. If religion and believing makes you happy, then go for it :)

So I found a bunch of questions teens ask, I don't know if they're tough or not, and I'm gonna answer some of them in my own little sarcastic funny little way and I want no one to get mad or angry and report me because these are just my answers and my answers only. I did consult my cat though.

This guy posted the questions to his website. Thank you for the list.


1. What do we do when we have doubts?
Answer: We make sure, first, that we have phrased our question in a way that we will not offend anyone. And then, we will ask it.



2. Spiritual worship: like ghosts and stuff…I don’t understand it.
Answer: Good luck with that cuz, neither do I :/



3. Can ghosts and evil things get me?
Answer: If your parents don't get you, maybe ghosts will. But evil things? Stay away from those guys. Don't go into dark and scary caves or indulge in illegal drugs or smoke until your lungs turn black.



4. How do you know if you are for sure going to heaven, like, if you asked God into your heart but you still aren’t sure you are going to heaven?
Answer: Well, I believe everyone goes to heaven somehow or other. Or if it's not heaven, at least somewhere nice. You can't keep asking God. He's busy, you know, answering more philosophical questions than "Hey God, uhm, will I go to heaven when I die?"



5. If you are not a Christian and believe that God died on the cross to relieve us of our sins, can they still go to heaven?
Answer: First, I learned that Jesus died on the cross. Not God. God did not die. Or rather, God does not die. Even if you believe in nothing, I still think you can go to heaven. I don't think God is so mean like that and will kick you out if you're not Christian. I know some people will think otherwise but hey, let's not put any negative reputations on God, alright? Don't bully God too much, guys.



6. Is the unforgiveable sin knowing the Holy Spirit and accepting its existence and then opposing it, or is it having Satan in you without you knowing about it and then claiming it’s the Holy Spirit & vice versa?
Answer: Well that was a mouthful :P  Okay, so this unforgiveable sin seems to be a popular topic... This is probably like a psychopath who kills just because he wants to. No remorse. That is unforgiveable.

Now, let me just throw this out there, okay?

If you can have Satan in you without knowing it, could you have the Holy Spirit in you without knowing it?

If you can, then, how can you claim anything?

For me, personally, reality is what I believe in. So for me, if you can't see Satan through an x-ray or something, he's probably not there. Satan is like the devil king, right? I don't think a king really has time to be in the measly bodies of every single measly person. Who has the time for that bothersome stuff?




7. Why are there differences in books, for example Matthew and Mark when they describe the same situation?
Answer: Well, if you're a writer you would know that its just a different view point. Like, I would remember going to the beach and swimming in the water and how cold the water was while my Mom would remember going to the beach and swimming in the water and how warm the sun was. Same situation, different story because we are two different people.



8. In Genesis, Adam and Eve leave the garden and cities are already there and other people. Please explain.
Answer: Sorry to bring this in but SCIENCE. Wayyyy back when people didn't really understand how the world came to be and were very confused when they learned how to question and started to panic. So, when the guy who wrote Genesis was writing this part, he was super confused, too. And in those days, people didn't live for very long. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who wrote Genesis was a confused teenager just like you.




9. How do we know if the Bible is true?
Answer: If you want to know the easy way, just take the bible out, look at it, see that someone has written it and those are their words and they were real people that lived wayyyy back when. Therefore, it is true.

If you want to know the hard, arduous way, take the bible out and write down all the strange incidents that happened. Adam and Eve, the miracles of Jesus, the Flood and the Ark, those plagues in Egypt, Moses splitting the sea and all those good strange stuff. Contact historians and people who study the bible in a historical context way and those who study those historical places where Jesus lived and see if something similar really happened in those days. Maybe there were these two people called Adam and Eve who were the world's first ever nudists and then they got shunned from society and ran away. Who knows? It could be the case.




10. How did Dinos exist if not in the Bible?
Answer: Dinosaurs? They were long gone when someone started writing the bible. Obviously. Otherwise we wouldn't HAVE the bible. It would be fossilized in the stomach of a T-Rex.




11. What if you are trying to get things figured out with your faith but the people you are around aren’t supportive?
Answer: Be around me because I support you. Or, just be around other different people. Don't let them take away what makes you happy.




12. Why is it ok for the church to sell coffee and other products when Jesus was outraged when merchants were selling things in the temple?
Answer: Because the merchants were selling things to gain profit for themselves. The church is selling coffee and other products and uses that money for charity and for the church.




13. Life in general
Answer: Is life good? Yes or No? No? Well sit down, have a cup of coffee, tell me all about it, I'm all ears :)




14. Why does school suck?
Answer: School sucked for me too, when I was a teenager. It's just the way school is for teens. It sucks. Accept that and then try to make the most of it. College is a lot more fun, trust me.




15. What is the best way to read the Bible?
Answer: From start to finish. I've done it. It's a really good read. Very interesting. Lost of interesting things happen. Weird cool things.




16. Does God know what we will do?
Answer: Teens change their minds all time. No, he does not know. It's too much to keep up with.




17. Why is envy one of the seven deadly sins?
Answer: Darn, it is? :(  I'm always jealous when I see a book that says "New York Times bestseller". Want my book to be published some day and get that. I think envy is a natural human trait and that it is even HEALTHY to feel it.


There are more on the site but I choose not to answer them all. Leave those to the professionals.

See ya later, alligators :)
And remember peeps, these are my ideas and thoughts. If you don't like the answers, come up with your own. And don't report me. And, have a happy, happy day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment