Sunday, February 21, 2016

Do you remember? A Poem by N. J. Folettia

In the last post I deciphered the song, "Do You Remember" by Ane Brun. Then I remembered (joke unintended) that I had written a poem about 5 years ago...omg, I can't believe it's been THAT long already...with the same title.

So, just to let you guys know, I keep my poems all in one Word document...actually there are three Word documents...and I number each poem I add in. It's not always in chronological order. I must confess I did post this particular poem on Figment: Write Yourself In. It was sort-of-not-really for a contest that is now over.

This poem counted as poem number 100! Woot *cheers with sarcasm because it wasn't intended to be exactly 100 to impress you or anything*.

This is what I wrote as my description for the poem on Figment:

"This is based loosely on Romeo and Juliet and the Backwards contest. I wrote this on impulse so I'm not sure if it's good enough for the contest. I wasn't even going to enter the contest in the first place."
The Backwards Contest was to write some story or something with everything happening in reverse but it had to happen naturally...or something like that. I don't even remember anymore cuz apparently it WAS 5 frickin years ago *throws arms up in air and rolls eyes*.

*British accent* Without further ado, please read "Do you remember?" A story-poem based loosely on the classic romance of Romeo and Juliet.

100

Do you remember?

We died

We are now lifeless

 

Do you remember the times when we lived?

Do you remember the love?

 

I do.

 

I remember how you would hold me close

And kiss my cheek.

 

I remember how you would touch my hand lightly

And clasp yours around it.

 

I remember how you would carefully choose your words

Of love you often told me.

I remember how creative you were.

How smart you were

And how dear you were to me.

 

Remember the time we first met?

Remember how you stumbled because you were nervous?

Remember when we first dated?

 

You took me to a concert

And told me about your life.

 

How you stumbled many times but never gave up.

 

And now

How you actually tripped over your own feet in front of me

And felt embarrassed

For you loved me

Since the moment we met.

 

No

Before that…

 

Since the moment we saw each other

Across the hall of the art museum.

 

Our love of art brought us together

And kept us together.

 

Even now when we are dead

We still love each other

And will continue to for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment