Monday, June 27, 2016

Rebellious Me: Shy people, be yourselves!

Radio Rebel is the best movie ever.

The reason I like it is because it's about that shy girl who has a crush on a guy who isn't completely in her league. I've never been to high school in the States but for some reason it gives me that warm cozy feeling inside. I've always always always been that shy girl. That girl who couldn't speak up for herself. School surely wasn't like Tara's but it did have some elements...like having a crush on a guy who didn't really knew you existed or had a voice.

Radio Rebel should be played more today. I mean, there should be re-runs of re-runs. Differences should be celebrated. Just because you're this or that, doesn't mean you are not good as a person.

Watching Radio Rebel makes me want to know what it's like to go to school in the states. You've got the cafeterias and the personalized lockers and the classrooms where you move depending on the class. In Japan we only have cafeterias in college and university. We had lockers but we never personalized them. And, we never moved classrooms. We always stayed in the same classroom and the teachers would come to us. So, we were stuck with the same group of people for a whole year. So if you had a crush on someone from high school year one, chances were you wouldn't see them hardly at all the next year cuz they mixed us up.

Anyway, the point of this post is about celebrating differences and Radio Rebel. I, personally, like to celebrate differences. I'm not afraid of telling people the real me. I used to be.

I used to
be like Tara, wanting to keep to the status quo and never straying from the crowd.

But then I realized that it doesn't matter what other people think. And besides, they are also wondering what other people think. If we are all self-centered, then why should we bother worrying about ourselves and how we look? It's pointless.

I decided at a point in my life to be rebellious. Well, not starting dance crazes in the middle of lunchtime, but being who I am. The only reason, the ONLY REASON I will stress, that I am not YouTubing but Blogging instead is just because I don't want my parents to know about this. My friends too, a little. But my parents want me to FOCUS on studying which I am focusing just I can not focus and then focus again and I have it all together.

Tara was able to come out of her shell, well, little by little. When I see that I hope that little by little I can feel comfortable with being who I am when I am with other people. I'm pretty sure there are TONS of shy people all over the world who would wish the same thing.

I say to those people, from a shy person to a shy person, BE YOURSELF.

It's okay. It's fine. You can be yourself. Do what you like, what you love, never be afraid to show that other side of you.

Radio Rebel, High School Musical, Hairspray, there are lots of movies that are screaming to you to be yourself.

"I don't care what their going to say! The cold never bothered me anyway."
("Let It Go" Idina Menzel).
This part from Frozen now that I think about it, it's talking about being yourself. I don't care what other people think. Their cold mean words trying to put me down, never bothered me anyway. I will brush those words off cuz the haters' gonna hate and that's just what they do ("Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift reference).

I'm free to be myself. I will let myself go. Here I stand and I'm not changing who I am. Your cold mean words never bothered me anyway. ("Let It Go" Idina Menzel reference).

You are not the only shy person in the world. I am one, too. But we can be ourselves. It's okay. Don't hold back just let it go!

See ya later, alligators! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment