Saturday, June 25, 2016

Oh god. No. Yes. Maybe.

Oh god.

Well, I just wanted to say,

First: We are all entitled to our opinions.

Second: I have read the bible from start to finish from alpha to omega, I have gone to church, I have been baptized, I have had my First Communion, I have sung church songs, and all that.

But I am a skeptic and a realist and sometimes, well, what people gleen from the bible just doesn't seem to add up for me in real life.

Like things that go wrong in life.

Let's say you applied for a job and you really wanted it. But then you weren't accepted.

Some people who believe in the nitty gritties of the bible will say,

"Well, if god wanted you to have it, you would've. But hey, you weren't accepted because he had other BETTER plans for you."

Now here is Me the Skeptical Realist thinking, "But that's just life. And what do you mean he has other BETTER plans for me? What if I never get to those plans? What if I never get to figure them out? What if a big earthquake rattles everything and god never gets to give me those BETTER plans."

I mean, let's be real here (#letsbereal). If you didn't get accepted, it's because either you weren't ready or there was something missing.

Do you think
those "awful" talents on Got Talent Anywhere in the World, get buzzed off because god had BETTER plans for them? What about if they keep going back with the same "awful" talent? I don't know why I put "awful" in quotes and not "talent" in quotes (which I just did) because...anyway.

From my own life,
I have tried to get one of my stories published in a newspaper. I don't even know if they even LOOKED at my story. I didn't even get a REJECTION letter for good frickin sakes. So, was this because god had BETTER plans for me?

Or maybe I wasn't ready. Maybe I needed to learn to write more. Maybe I needed to level-up myself, eh?

Now, I don't mind people who say they believe in this stuff. I don't mind it at all. Believe what you like.

You believe in the bible's words, I believe in reality and ask for proof. But it's not like we can't be friends. We can totally be friends, or friendly, or acquaintences...my Mom is a believer. Totally. Yeah, so you see where that comes from (where what comes from, idk).

Well, it's not like I think the bible is worthless. It does have some good stuff in it that you can use in everyday life. Like, you know, why do we need to worry about making choices like what to wear or what to eat. Those are such minute stuff compared to other bigger things we should worry about like, should I smoke or should I do drugs or should I do a DUI or should I buy my sixth cat or should I kick the neighbor's dog because it's noisy? Will an earthquake hit? Will the EU collapse? You know, those things.

But choices, or just plain life itself, this is real stuff. I believe it and it doesn't matter if you don't. I mean, sure, you can believe god has plans for BILLIONS of people. He must need to keep a Log of People All in the World because how da heck can you keep track of maintaining all those people? I have trouble maintaining ONE person.

Things go wrong in life for a reason. You weren't ready. You need to level-up. It wasn't right for you. So, you need to DO THINGS to make it work. Don't just sit around and wait for god to give you the answers. Well, you can if you want to. We'll just see how far that goes won't we?


Anyway. This is all coming from a girl who knows the bible and who has been to church and tried to be a good little catholic. But, well, idk what happened and where. I mean, my Mom is a semi-religious person. She has even taught me, personally, on Sundays about the bible when I was little.

Where did it happen that I turned into this skeptical person?

Maybe when I prayed for a distant aunt of mine to get better but she passed away? Maybe too many movies? Maybe I asked god to do this and do that and it didn't happen? Maybe when I learned more about biology? Maybe it was when I found out that love stories in movies and comic books aren't the same as real life? Idk. Somewhere I became a skeptic. And somewhere I started to be skeptical about praying and if god actually listened to little ol' me down here. Or the fact that god is not a he or a she but we say He, all the time. Or the fact that god is everywhere but he is always near and inside your heart. Or god speaks to you. Or god hears your prayers. Or that you never really know if god is actually listening to you because he never gives any signs.

Supernatural. I never believed when my Mom said her printer blinked when it was actually off when she was thinking about her cousin who passed away from cancer. She said it was her cousin telling her she was okay and happy.

Believe what you want, I guess.

But really, I mean...

I'd like to say one thing though. I do believe Heaven is up there. Somewhere.

I have a FEELING that praying might be like the placebo effect...well, we won't get into that.

For randomness here is the persian cat room guardian thing again.
I actually genuinely wouldn't mind having one of these in my room.
Well, I talked about lots of stuff. And maybe it was messed up or I sounded radical or I sounded ignorant or I sounded stupid...but these are my real thoughts and feelings and I do think the bible is a Good Read. I mean, it IS really interesting. And I do like church songs. I went to a Christian junior high and high school guys. SIX YEARS of reading the bible and singing church songs and learning about Jesus Christ and all that (P.S. This is in Japan so it's three years of junior high and three years of high school and my junior high and high school was at the same school).

It's just...agh! It just sounds so absurd to me. I didn't believe hypnotism was real until I saw it performed live. See? I need proof.

But let me just say, er write, that you are free to believe what you want to believe. Just to know that for me, personally, this god stuffs are kinda hard to swallow. I want to believe, sure. But I just...it's not reality *shrugs like the persian cat room guardian thing*

Oh god. No. Yes. Maybe.

*sighs* It's 4am and I need to go to bed.

See ya later, alligators.

No comments:

Post a Comment