Friday, July 1, 2016

Poultry: To Eat or Not to Eat?

Yes, to eat or not to eat, that is the question (Shakespeare reference).

I like meat. Fried chicken, hamburgers, turkey during Thanksgiving...mmm, yummy *licks lips*

And I don't plan on stopping from eating meat.

One of my aunts is a vegetarian. Her husband and son are not. I have wondered about this. I mean, how can it be okay for a vegetarian to live with meat-eaters...idk. Maybe I'll ask her someday.

Anyway, I have sometimes, when I eat meat,
think about the animal. I push it away cuz I feel like if I think about it fully I wouldn't be able to eat meat. Because I like meat, I don't want that to happen.

I have NEVER, er, almost never thought about this before. I don't know why these days I'm suddenly extremely aware of it and bothered by it. Do you guys ever experience this? Anyone else like me?

It's crazy though, I mean, how can I even be BOTHERED by something I don't want to stop doing. Is my moral compass suddenly getting messed up with the fictionally increased magnetic fields in the earth's core? (lots of scientific news about earthquakes and scifi references mixed up, just ignore that bit)

Random Internet Thing (RIT)
Apparently it garbls wharr.
Huh, I never knew that. Oh, and this is not the last you'll see it,
if you know me, you'll know what I mean.
But here's the thing. I don't eat all meat.

I choose to eat beef, pork, and chicken but not sheep or bunnies. You can tell by the way I call the latter two that I CAN NOT consider them as meat. I won't talk about them in their meat terms.

I say to people, "I don't eat bunnies" in order to emphasize the grotesqueness of it and sort of telling them "How COULD you?!"

But I eat beef, pork, and chicken.

I like Piglet and the show "Cow and Chicken" yet it has never bothered me to eat beef, pork, and chicken.

I think maybe I associate sheep and bunnies with stuffed animals I've had or the "cute" factor or "Wallace and Gromit" sheep. And another reason is probably because it's not like your everyday meat dish. It's like a delicacy. It is rare and it is expensive. You don't see it EVERYWHERE.

But beef, pork, and chicken is normal. It's a normal food to eat. Yes, I think that's why I have no problem eating beef, pork, and chicken while watching Winnie the Pooh. I don't know if I ever had though. I might have.

So we come to it again:

To Eat or Not to Eat?

Ah yes, the ultimate question. Here's the thing, I will always eat beef, pork, and chicken but NEVER sheep or bunny.

What does that make me then? A partial vegetarian? When I say to people, "I don't eat sheep or bunnies. I'm like a partial vegetarian or a half vegetarian," they laugh at me.

Well, I do agree that it might sound a bit ridiculous but just because I choose not to eat sheep or bunnies doesn't mean I'm a full-on meat-eater, right? I mean, those who aren't vegetarian eat all kinds of meat, right?

I think wrong. I am not a vegetarian because I choose to eat beef, pork, and chicken. Sheep and bunnies are, as I said before, the NOT normal meat food. So not eating them would probably mean something different, like, maybe I'm not cultured or something.

Anyway, on a final note, and I don't even know if this was summed up nicely, people who choose not to eat meat are called vegetarians. They choose not to eat ALL meat, right? Hm, but fish is a meat and don't some vegetarians eat fish????

We won't deal with that here cuz I've got nothing to say for that. If, IF people who choose not to eat ALL meat are vegetarians, and I choose not to eat some meats than I can call myself a selective vegetarian, or a partial vegetarian.

People who are like me, hold your heads high we are SELECTIVE or PARTIAL which ever sounds more awesome.

To Eat or Not to Eat? Well, I have decided to be choosey. I will eat the meats I want to eat.

By the way, I have been calling those who aren't vegetarians "meat-eaters" but surely there's a less wild term, right?

Right?

Otherwise the term "meat-eaters" puts us into the same family as the lions.


RAWR.

See ya later, alligators :D

2 comments:

  1. Try summer vegetables too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do eat a lot of vegetables actually. Idk any particular to the season though because these days you can get lots of stuff year round.

      Delete