Thursday, January 29, 2015

Things in the middle of the road

I don't know if this is just in Japan but when I'm walking down the street, sometimes I see the strangest things lying around in the middle of the road.

Things I've Seen:

  • A shoe. I've never checked if I've seen a left shoe more or a right shoe more.
  • A sock. Usually flattened because so many cars have rolled over it.
  • A towel. Same situation as the sock.
  • A glove. Like a winter glove. Maybe some child dropped it...
  • A little sparkly key chain with a little cute thing on the end. Could have fallen from a bag or someone's phone or someone's purse or whatever.
  • A pair of dark blue children's pants. I looked around for a clothesline and found none. Where the heck did it come from...
  • Scarf. Seems reasonable to be there. Someone COULD drop it.
  • A half drunken Starbucks ice something cafe latte just sitting on the side of the road like someone sat down, put it there, and forgot it when they left.
  • Handkerchief. Someone must've dropped it.
  • Sharp pencil.
  • Eraser.
  • Someone's homework paper.
  • A small plastic bag that's tied up and has trash in it.
And on the road, like when you're driving around a busy place in a car, I've seen strange things...
  • A shoe hanging from its shoelace on the telephone wires up above so high...like a diamond in the sky...actually it's probably more normal to see a diamond in the sky than a shoe. A kid could have thrown it up there from a car but it's pretty high up... how the heck did it get up there...
  • A tire.
  • A piece of cardboard box.
  • A big black trash bag half torn up.
  • Someone's white t-shirt.
  • A metal stick-looking thing.
  • A wooden stick. Sometimes it's plural "wooden sticks".
Some of the things I can understand. A truck carrying garbage could have dropped it but things like clothing is really hard to understand how on earth they would end up there. The shoe is such a mystery. I've seen lots of shoes, always just the right or the left, lying in the middle of the road. The one on wire I've actually seen...probably about twice as far as I can remember.

So weird.

Byez.


No comments:

Post a Comment