Thursday, May 14, 2015

Lions, Tugboats, and Tubby Toast OH MY!

When you think about it, you're never really too old for anything because, the people who made those things are adults. So, why shouldn't adults like them, too?

I'm not talking about clothes because that would just be ridiculous or maybe some sort of fetish. I'm talking about certain characters and TV shows.

Like, I would still watch Between the Lions.



It was always a great show. Yeah sure there are all those "Let's make learning fun, kids!" moments but hey, the stories were nice :D  And, not to mention super clever.

Click is so cute. I mean, the idea of the name. A mouse clicks. Get it? :D

I liked the part where the mother and father cook and hear how long they have to put it in the oven and then they say "Nah!" and eat it raw! :D

GO LIONS!

It was the best kids show and I would definitely still watch it :)

Another one is...Theodore the Tug Boat or something like that. I remember the song a little and liked the stories.



THIS IS ONE OF THE MAJOR, yet forgotten, classics. It was on the same channel as Barney and Friends. There was an episode called The Secret Cove or The Dark and Secret Cove or maybe it wasn't called that but it was about a "dark and secret cove" I think. It was a little creepy with creepy sounds and stuff. I think that was the first moment I watched anything close to horror.

And I LIKED IT!!! :D

Still one of my favorite episodes today. I mean, here I am about a decade later talking about it. There were lots of other ones I saw but I remember that one the most. And today, I watch even spookier horror with real live people and BLOOOODDDD *evil snicker* But I don't like too much painful gore *regular calm smile*. I don't like movies like "SAW". Those are awful in my opinion :/

Okay, back on track. Another one I would watch again just for the fun of it is... get ready guys, it is

TELETUBBIES!

Yes, I said it, er wrote...typed it, I would watch that strange show again. There was one about pancakes and this machine kept making them so the Noo-Noo??? had to suck it up and clean it up and stuff.



Looking at the captions in this pic reminded me that the pancakes were called Tubby Toast. I had forgotten that.

I remember, even as a kid, thinking "This is weird...but kinda interesting so I'll watch it."



When I really look at the Teletubbies now...they are some weird creepy monkey like things...sorry tubby fans.

That baby sun was the weirdest and those microphone-like things that came out of the ground and spoke in some sci-fi-woman-like voice. That weirdly calm yet cheerful voice...

But it was weird and...interesting.

Others would be...to get back on track, hehe...Magic School Bus, Arthur, the Puzzle Place, Hamtaro...you know Hamtaro, right? It's actually a Japanese anime but I watched it in English...and instead of Hamutarou (Ha-moo-ta-rou)it was Hamtaro. And "Hamu" is from "Hamusuta (Ha-moo-soo-tah)" which is basically the Japanese pronunciation of hamster.

Anyway, pic,





Others are...Barney and Friends but only a certain episode. There was one about your five senses. For some reason I really liked that one and wouldn't mind seeing it again some time...in the future...


A final one...I only remember clearly "By the Numbers"...which is apparently what this episode was called. I liked it for some reason. Or maybe it's just because it was the only episode of this show that my grandmother taped completely. She used to cut it off a lot. Or it would change to magic school bus or something.



Remember this one guys? Anyone remember this one?


Here are all the characters.

Oh, wait, another one I would watch!

Dragon Tales!!! :D  "I wish, I wish with all my heart. To fly with the dragons in the land apart."
For a long time I thought they said "in the land of art" and wondered if the dragons were really the dragons on the wall and that's where they went all the time, just in the walls or in a picture or something like that. You know, the dragons didn't do much flying. When they went on dangerous adventures, it would have been less dangerous if they just flew. Like when they went to a rainbow valley or something to collect colors.






Just to let ya guys know, I'm in my twenties. And I'll probably never stop liking kids' stuff that adults made :D

If you like it, age should not matter!!...is what I always say :)

"I don't care/What they're going to say!" --"Let It Go"--Frozen

See ya later alligators!

Disclaimer Note: None of the pics are mine. I own none of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment