Thursday, December 17, 2015

What People Watching Can Teach Us

First it teaches us to Make Every First Letter Into A Capital Letter... no it doesn't.

Since I'm kind of an introvert...no let's rephrase that. Since I am a quiet shy introvert gamer girl who writes stories and draws pictures and hates math and if that wasn't enough is also an only child, I do lots of people watching.

I mean TONS!
















No, more than that...well, anyways.


Like, from my people watching, I can tell you about the system of girls and boys in junior high in Japan. Like, how girl groups and boy groups work and if they mingle what kinds of girls and boys mingle. Also, boy-group hierarchies.

From my people watching I can ask questions that people who don't watch people will never ask like,

  • Why do couples hold hands?
  • Why do some people discipline their child by slapping them across the head?
  • When I get old, will my back bend over?

Grandma from Garfield Christmas show...thing. For the season.
















From my people watching I think up scenarios of things that I would never do but am positive that it can be possible if someone wanted to do it...(but don't do it).

  • I bet I can take that bulging wallet half hanging out of that guy's pocket while he is on his phone waiting in line or talking with someone. I bet he would barely notice it.
  • In this store, the store people don't even watch you while you shop. I bet I could shoplift.
  • That old guy over there just bought the train ticket meant for children! It's like 100yen cheaper! He's got some great ideas, I bet I could do it, too.


The last scenario really did happen. An old guy just bought a ticket for 40yen (the price for the children) when it's supposed to be 140yen (the price for teens and adults). He's got it going good there.

Idk if any of my own people watching can teach you anything... maybe it can. I mean, I can tell you in detail (some detail you might not care about) about a certain scene I saw or remember a certain fashion thing that was weird or interesting or crazy or creative.

When I walk around Tokyo and I see one of these
I do a double take then think quietly to myself,
"Oh mah gaud! Only in Tokyo."






















I can't remember what people talk about when I eavesdrop (sometimes) on their conversations but I can tell you if it's something that shocked me but when I remember what they said, I usually forget what they looked like but vaguely remember how old they were or something like that.













Anyway, people watching can be very interesting and helpful (?) so you should try it. You might be amazed at what kinds of crazy people (other than yourself) are out there.

See ya later, alligators!

No comments:

Post a Comment