Friday, April 24, 2015

I made these: Little Bits on How I design Figment Covers

Maybe in my next post I'll actually tell you how to edit something so that it looks as natural as possible. What would you like? Maybe I'll do one with pics I already have and then tell you step by step how the heck I got from Point A to Point Z. Anyway, here are the pics! :D



Yes, yes, this is the Cinderella movie poster merged with a Cinderella castle I found elsewhere. Yes, yes, I only merged them and I cannot take credit for either pic. Yes, yes, I know. I'm not a photoshop junkie you know.

Someone on Figment asked me to make a LOTR fanfic cover. So I did. Apparently the girl is from some kind of movie but I don't know her and she WAS a wallpaper. So, well, anyway, I tried really hard to merge these. It wasn't easy to make it look natural. But, I really like how it turned out :)
I have never used four pics in a collage before. Well, actually I used three and then left a space open for the girl. I put the girl on afterwards to merge her in better...which was an idea I came up with after I added her in. But I did have an idea that the Fellowship will be on the bottom of the cover. Though, mostly, I come up with designs as I roll and as I look up pics :)

This one was for a contest in a Figment group I'm in. It was about redesigning the past and I was given the cover of the "The Great Gatsby". All I needed to do was keep the author name and title and not add anything else to it. Since I had never really read "The Great Gatsby" I looked up the summary on wiki. GOOD GRIEF is it complicated! So, I went with a simple-ish one that has the Gatsby wallpaper in the back. I really like how this one turned out as well :D
ESPECIALLY the font design :)
I don't know why I didn't win...what's missing? I thought it represented the book nicely! Anyway. I won't be a sore loser. Plus, this one I made was before I made the other two I posted above.

No comments:

Post a Comment