Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Truth About Love


I didn’t know
I didn’t know what to do
Didn’t know what to say
He spoke to me
                    so kind
He helped me
                    so thoughtful

I didn’t know what to do
Didn’t know what to say
He told me he loved me
                   I was blown away
Sometimes love can be as simple as this poem, which I wrote myself, and it can be as easy as one, two, three.  You meet someone that just warms you up from the inside and covers you up with a soft blanket.  Their smile will mean the world to you.  You might stutter when you talk because you are nervous and embarrassed.  You will hold hands, tentatively in private and then in public.  You will kiss and it would be the most wonderful thing you have ever experienced.

Summertime In Me
A soft shade of peachy hue
Reflected in the waves
Turning glass to jewels a many
Seashells serenade
A song so calm, a blanket soft
Echoes in the ears of children
Sandy ground a sugar brown
Beautifully golden
Light blue sky so azure
A reflection in the sea
Seagulls fly, glide, and cry
Sad songs once stolen
Songs of which you once knew
About the love of heart
My feelings hurt, a prickle pain
More, lest you throw the dart
But
we are only human and sometimes the things we say might hurt others and the things they say might hurt us.  Love is the most delicate part of life.  One little mistake could possibly take your love away from you.  One word could damage your relationship forever.  One action to cut you apart from one another.  This will hurt.  It will hurt badly.  You might cry.  You might curse yourself for being so stupid.  In the end, you might never ever get back together again.
Desire
The longing of
Wanting
Desiring
It’s so powerful
I can’t bare it
Something in my heart
It’s craving
It feels hot
I don’t know
What to do
I’m at a loss
I crave for
Something
Without knowing yet
What it is



After the breakup, you may feel desperate to feel that love again.  You will feel the heat in your heart, you might even do something foolish that you will regret later on.  Sometimes, you might regret the breakup.  Maybe once you see your loved one with someone else, you'll feel jealous.
"But we just broke up because it wasn't working out," you tell yourself.
But maybe there was something there?  But then again, love is tricky and deceiving.  Maybe you only thought there was.
Please understand
Why do you look at me funny?
What did I do?
…OK, maybe I don’t do things like you
But that doesn’t mean I’m different.
I’m me.
You’re you.
It’s as simple as that.
Don’t look at me like that
Please
I beg you
Accept me for who I am
We’re different.
We can’t be twins,
Or so similar.
It won’t work out.

Why do you look at me that way?
Please,
Understand, please
I am me and you are you.

We are different.
It’s a good thing.

Maybe your loved one was picky about the things you did?  Maybe they didn't like the way you dressed or the way you ate?  Or maybe it was just something small that brought you apart--made you strangers that know each other to the roots.
What if you made a mistake?
What if you made a mistake but might have found someone else?
Uncertain Love
You shine
A light before me
But always
push me down
    I
      cannot
  breathe
All I see
Is choking darkness
I walk the path of
Uncertain love
You touch me
Your lips
are hot
Craving
But always
push me away
Into the cold
winter night
I cannot find
the heat
All I feel
is freezing fear
You are my prism
You create color
But always
Erase my rainbow
All I see
is black and white
It is monotone
I try to remember
The reds
The blues
But I cannot
I still walk the path of
Uncertain love

I am foolish
Love doesn't always grant you happiness.  Sometimes it's so painful you wish you didn't have to go through the vicious cycle each time.  You don't want to hurt.  You don't want to hurt others.  But still you fall in love.  It's human instinct.  We cannot live alone.  We need to love.  However much we fall into the hurtful hole of breakups and of hurting one another, we always come back up again; we are always forced to come back up again; we are scarred and battered, but we still fall in love.
"Get up!" Love yells, pushing us to our feet.  Our legs shake.  Our eyes are blurry with tears.  We don't want to go through the hurtfulness again.  But when we see love, standing there, showing us what can happen if all goes well, we stand up on our weak legs and pull ourselves up to fall in love again.  Why do we get up after each blow?  Why do we mend our hearts together with force when there is a good chance it will just get crushed again?
We are foolish.  If it hurts, why don't we stop loving?  WHY DON'T WE JUST MAKE IT STOP?
Deceptive Road of Love
Love
is a beast
that whips you
then gives you candy
When you think
love is putty in your hands
it betrays you
and leaves you
vulnerable in a forest
filled with unknown creatures
that eat away at your heart
Just before it’s all gone
day returns to the nighty dark forest
and something shines again
something warms up inside
Love returns
Back at last
But you know
the road to eternal love
is filled with deceptions
You are desperate
so
you fall for it again
and are hurt
and are broken
again and again and again
Love is full of deceptions.  It can pretend to make us happy only later we find it was making us miserable.  People say love is wonderful.  People say love is beautiful.  But in reality, it's a trickster.  In reality, it's not as wonderful as everyone says it is.
But, we always fall for it, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment