Friday, April 26, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo! 6 DAYS LEFT! My experience is your gain

Yes, yes, uh huh, 6 days left.  Hey, that's less than a week.

I have officially 47995 words and my goal is 50000.  Sometimes I hate my novel.
Sometimes I feel like squealing with glee like an idiot because some ideas are SUCH A GENIUS!
Mwahahahaha!

And sometimes I really really really want to do some online games rather than write more words onto my annoying little novel thingy.

But I always push myself.  How do I do that?  How ever do I get past the wall of Writer's Block?

Yes, here it is!

The secret to writing for a whole month every day!  And not just NaNoWriMo but also for any story, any novel, any time!

The hint is:

KEEP THE STORY MOVING FOWARD!

Always tell yourself that.  It should work.  Don't describe in detail what your character is doing sitting on the couch while reading a book.  Say they read a book until midnight.  We don't need to know if they were humming a little tune or listening to their iPod.  Keep the story moving forward.

Bold and Italics is the best I could do though I did want to emphasize it more than that...

FORWARD!     There, that's much better.

Anyway, where was I?  Oh yes.  Even stories that have slow beginnings, they eventually pick up don't they?  And hey, you can't stop the rollercoaster once it starts moving, right?  Unless you do those crazy cliff-hanger things and expect the readers to wait while you figure out what to do in Book 2.

Well, anyway, that's my advice for NaNoWriMo.

KEEP THE STORY MOVING FORWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment