Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Her Thoughts Made Her Laugh

Don't you ever have those times when something you said to yourself in your head sounds funny?  Don't you ever have those times when while you're talking with yourself in your head, you make a mistake and it sounds so darn funny?

Today, I was thinking (duh!  of course!), I said to myself, "Standing up."  Okay, that's not funny but then, I can't really remember what I was thinking about, I said to myself, "Standing down."  Which then I corrected it quickly to "Sitting down."  But "Standing down" sounded so darn funny for some reason.  Well, isn't it funny?

Here's a watercolor picture I drew.
It happens often when you're thinking to yourself that your own mistake or joke can be so darn funny...  Writing in this way reminds me of a story I wrote called Zippy-Doi.  The word itself was something I heard on a bus.  This group of college students were speaking in Chinese or Korean and something they said sounded like "Zippy doi."  So, I made a story about what such a thing as a Zippy-Doi is.

Okay, maybe I'll post it up but only if any of you are interested in reading it.  See, it's REALLY long.  It has sections... sort of... but it's basically just one LOOOOOOONG chapter.

Would you really like to see it?

If you do, comment below and I shall post it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment