Tuesday, April 9, 2013

BRING IT BACK! The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

... is one of the best novels I've ever read.

The movie was action-packed and amazing effects.  But, no sequel.  I waited.  Anyone else who enjoyed the movie waited.  But it was seen as anti-Catholic.  Uh, WHAT THE HECK!

People let things like movies get to them?  Seriously, do you think Philip Pullman was trying to cause a revolution against the church or something?  No, I don't think so.  I've written stories that might be questioned but I didn't write them because I wanted to cause a revolution or something!  I just wrote it because, I like writing, I enjoy it, and I wanted to write something powerful and something that people could engage in and feel the tension and enjoy.  Bet Philip Pullman thought the same.

And I'm reading the sequel, The Subtle Knife, now and it's so amazing that it deserves to be a movie like his first one and the movie of the first one didn't even get to the end of the actual story.  Lyra is going to find her father.  THE END.  In the book, she finds her father along with a dark secret, read it yourself to find out.

The Subtle Knife, does, yes, have more bible stuff in it.  But I mean, it's just a story.  Seriously.  And sometimes people write stories about bad government people.  But, hey, it's just a story.  Ah, some people can be so... easily triggered into all that blah stuff.

If, I say, if Philip Pullman made a documentary like Al Gore that is supposed to provoke people, and talked about anti-Catholic stuff and ENCOURAGED people to think like that, then, yes, it's fine to ban that stuff if the world wanted it gone.  But hey, I mean, this, The Golden Compass, is just a movie.  A great plot, a great story, lots of tension, great acting, loved Pantalaimon, he was adorable...  And it's just a story.

Any fans out there?  I wish they made the sequel of The Golden Compass.  The books are a wonderful read and it would be amazing to see it on the big screen.  Don't you think?

Just to let you all know, I'm Catholic.  I've had a Communion.  I went to a Christian junior high and high school.  I know about the bible and the stories and stuff... but I read His Dark Materials trilogy... er, only up to the second book now though.  Why do I read it?  Because I enjoy it.  It's a really good read and Philip Pullman is so smart how he brings stuff together from the first book and ties it all nicely into the second... oops, don't want to spoil it too much for you.  I'm not getting all mad at him for talking about the church stuff and things like that because I know it's just a story.

Really.  Do you really think he meant what he said and he said what he meant?  Nah.  Are you kidding me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Compass_(film)#Controversies
Here, read this.  At the end of the Controversies part it says that Nicole Kidman wouldn't have played a part in the film if it was anti-Catholic.  See?  She knows it's just a story.  If you don't like Wikipedia and hate it and don't trust it, contact Nicole Kidman herself and ask her what she thought about starring in The Golden Compass.





Let's bring His Dark Materials trilogy back to the big screen!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment