Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Idea: Create a Website where Artists can Collaborate

Do you ever have times where your mind just won't shut up?
It's not a bad thing, of course not! But sometimes, don't you wish you could do something more about it?

Because I write A LOT and watch a lot of YouTube or documentaries or movies or listen to music and watch music videos...sometimes I get ideas that I think would be perfect for either an animation or a short film.

But I'm not a film guru or someone who has gone to film school. I tried editing a video I made with Galligator on YouTube because she's not good with all that stuff and it was soooo tedious! Cutting the video in the right places...anyway, what I'm trying to say is,

there should be a place, a large community online, a website of sorts accessible to many people in the world, where artists can all gather easily and share their skills and collaborate easily online.

I have lots of ideas for a short film or animation but I have no film skills and I feel script writing is so tedious and not for me. But I can write short stories or little bits of ideas in story form. Perhaps someone with animation skills and script writing skills can understand while I'm coming from and we can work together.

SKYPE. Now that's a great way to collaborate. There should be a SKYPE for Artists so that artists can feel safe collaborating with people they may never get to meet in person.

Not just someone like me, but someone like...say, maybe you are interested in making an animation but the thought is daunting. Through collaboration with more professional artists, you can find someone to collaborate with with ease and they can teach you.

And there should of course be rules. We don't want any scammers or people who try to get you to buy stuff. There should be a trial period. You work with that person for about a few weeks just to see if you can make it work. If you find out early on, cancel it. If it seems to work, keep at it.

The service itself should be free. I don't want to have to pay for it. Then I'll just say "Forget it, I'll just let my ideas go to waste."

What do you think? I think this could work.

Oh, there should be a screening process. The people who own the website can screen out and potential scammers or promoters selling products. And of course, nothing R-rated. And the website will live off of donors and sponsors.

I think it can work. I think so.

YouTube isn't enough, guys. That's for people who already know HOW to make videos or ones good enough.

Yes, there should be a place where artists from all over the world can collaborate with ease.

See ya later, alligators! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment