Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Social Media is EXHAUSTING sometimes

If you're like me and you have just recently invested yourself into Social Media Land then you might find at first you kinda might enjoy this.

Blogger
linked to Google Plus
Twitter 2 accounts
Facebook (well, not so much updates but more like contacting friends)
YouTube (Galligator isn't doing all that on her own, you know. N. J. is keeping it grounded so it doesn't get out of hand)
Figment: Write Yourself In (community writing site)

I suppose I didn't understand really what it was like to invest in Social Media. I mean, I see Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart, Jenna Marbles, Jacksfilms, Superwoman, GMM, Pewdiepie, Tyler Oakley, and many many many other YouTubers just seemingly keeping up with everything AND going about their daily lives.

Somehow they manage it. And what we see is just a sliver of a part of their life. Just 10 minutes, or 20 minutes. We don't see the tremendous effort that goes into this. Well, sometimes we do but not EVERY day.

So I arrive at Social Media Station a COMPLETE newbie to everything and it all seems like happy land and fun and happy and fun until...


you realize you have to keep it up :/

Keeping it up is okay but I value school and my other hobbies as well. I guess I could turn those hobbies (like writing) into Social Media stuffs but then I have to DO THE THING and THEN upload it wherever and explain it.

Say I made a picture with fantasy things happening and I upload it in my other blog "Magic Cover Shop". People like me who also make those things or just people who appreciate that art, might like a bit of explanation.

I have to write that all, obviously. And this isn't something that takes a few minutes, yo!

Time all adds up, you know? I make the picture and it takes two hours usually. I then upload it and write the explanation which is another thirty minutes. Make it into a proper post, another thirty minutes.

You know, if you have a life outside Social Media (and I'm not saying YouTubers or other bloggers don't have a life outside of Social Media), you need to learn to balance and choose.

Today I was going to work with Galligator on her YouTube channel but she got busy and I really just wanted to do SOMETHING before I do school stuffs so I chose to blog...about it :P

But then that means I have no time to do my other Social Media like Twitter or YouTube or...and I have topics I want to write about in my blog and they're accumulating like snow!

I mean, I probably have about ten topics I want to write about and the last post about poultry is only ONE of the snowflakes. I still have so many to work on and some of them are one of my EXTENSIVE researches.

Anyway, rainyday, sunnyday is hot...erm, OH YES, so, Social Media gets exhausting sometimes because in order to be seen on it, you kinda have to keep BEING THERE. Like, you have to keep updating or existing SOMEHOW to ensure that you haven't been abducted by an alien and no longer have an Earth address cause you now live as an alien so that they wouldn't kill you.

Okay, Alien will not kill you he has said so. Check out Galligator: Her Royal Randomness. It is a collab with me and Galligator, wannabe YouTuber or something close.

Anyway, anyway, rainyday literally day, erm, I am currently exhausting and overwhelmed by Social Media and keeping on top of it...but this is not the last you have seen N. J. and this is the day you will remember that you have almost caught Captain Jack Sp--*falls into water*

Remember that? It's from "Pirate's of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl". The first one. Oh that Jack Sparrow! :D But he is pretty smart in his own way. Actually really clever.
If you don't see it as a problem or a bad thing, then it might turn out not to be. The problem is that you see it as a problem or as a bad thing. It is about the attitude. A positive attitude will surely alleviate the problem.

Good philosophy. Though, OF COURSE GUYS, we cannot apply this to EVERY SINGLE SITUATION IN LIFE. I get it, so just, chill :)

See ya later, alligators! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment