Tuesday, February 24, 2015

What I think about Gay Marriage

More likely, it should be "What I think about Straight Marriage", or "What I think about Marriage (in general)". When you think about it (we're thinking about a lot of stuff!) if the majority of the population were gay, straight marriage will be looked down on. But if the majority were straight, gay marriage will be looked down on.

It's this sense of the minority and this sense of a difference in society that gets us. It's this thing about something that's different that frightens us. Maybe not like we want to go hide under the covers but we are scared. We are scared about this different thing. Even though in reality, it's not different at all.

But in reality, we are all the same human beings. It's not like a cow and a human are trying to get married. There are only two genders in this world. Male and female. And one or the other finds love with one or the other. When did it become that men could only marry women? Who decided that? No one.

Now don't go all BIBLE on me. I'm just stating my opinion. Besides, maybe even Jesus was afraid of people who were different. And I'm Catholic. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I know what I'm talking about.

So, let's get back on track.

What I'm saying is that, it's all the same thing, really. Two people fall in love and decide to spend their whole lives together. So, they get married.

Marriage, according to the famous Wikipedia is "a socially or ritually recognized union or legal contract between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between them, between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws" (Wiki: Marriage).

Wikipedia: Marriage link

So, yeah, what is it? Well, basically it's a ritual to tell everyone, "Hey! I'm married!" In that case, why can't the same sex get married? And why does the word "same sex" even exist? How are we to determine they are the "same" sex? And why does "gender" exist? Who decided that we had to have two genders? Don't you think it's too few? I think there should be more genders. It's not fair to the people who weren't born in the genders we cut out of the cookie dough for them. Besides, when you go to the clothes store, you aren't just given two types of jeans to choose from! You're given a whole long rack of different types of jeans that make your body look different. Two gender "choices" is also a strange phrase. We don't choose what gender we are. We are born that way.

LADY GAGA BORN THIS WAY! Oh yeah :D

Why should their be only two genders? It's not fair. I'm a girl. I'm straight. And I think lesbian love is a wonderful beautiful art and gay guys make the best friends.

Anyway, marriage is just a ritual. Just to say "Hey! I'm married!" In that case, why can't ANYBODY get married to ANYBODY? Nothing's wrong with that. New things aren't wrong. Different things aren't wrong. Heck, are iPhones wrong? Huh? Are they? No? Well, they're new. Why shouldn't they be wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment