Saturday, November 8, 2014

National Novel Writing Month: It Has Begun!

I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm...

Actually really, I am pretty calm just that my MC (Main Character) isn't. Really. He's slowly going nuts and he doesn't realize it and his father is all to blame.

So, this month I decided to accept the challenge and juggle NaNo and school work and life stuff. So far, so good.

The only thing I'm really having trouble with now is... going to bed at a decent time.

These days it's become a habit to stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning, skip breakfast, eat brunch, eat a snack, and eat dinner and eat a snack before bed. It's awful! And habits are so hard to break.

Today in one of my classes a professor said, it was something like... "H. A. B. I. T spells 'habit'. You take the 'H' off and you get 'ABIT', take the 'A' off and you get 'BIT', take the 'B' off and you get 'IT'... habits are hard to break."

Clever way of putting it and he was absolutely right. And it was funny. Very interesting professor.

My mother likes to say that to break a habit all you need to do is create a new one. But you know, in reality it's more like you need to fix your bad habits. I mean, what good would it do if you get rid of a "dubbed bad" habit and create a new one that also happens to be bad?

Meh :/

Anyway, I currently have 12,278 words. Goal is 50,000. I'll try to keep you guys up to date so you can all be motivated to maybe take on the challenge as well! :D

NANOWRIMO!!!

Get those fingers on that keyboard and start typ'in!

No comments:

Post a Comment