Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Makeup Shaming: NOT STUPID but I don't like it

I would like to...apologize if I sounded harsh in a bad way in my "If...scenario" about "If...women weren't forced to wear makeup". You can go find it. It's under the label you think it's under.

I would like to say to Makeup Artists that
I'm not hating on the fact that you are putting makeup on your already beautiful faces. I'm not makeup shaming.

I think for a Makeup Artist, their faces are the blank canvases for other drawing type of artists. It's like saying "A blank white canvas is much better. We don't need art. Art is stupid. That's too much paint."

See how weird that sounds? I mean, WHY would anyone EVAR say that to an artist. So, there should be no point in saying that to a Makeup Artist either.

A Makeup Artist does not express themselves, their art, on a blank canvas. They do not need to go and buy a canvas, they already have one--their own faces! Talk about saving a little money. Paints for artists that use canvases can be pretty frickin expensive along with special pens, paintbrushes, pallets, other art supplies...the same way paints for Makeup Artists are frickin expensive. That's the lipstick, foundation, foundation, is there anything...oh! high lighter, founda...primer?...high lighter...uh...whatever else they need...oh, a mirror, a blender, a brush...several brushes...yeah lots of stuff :)

Telling a Makeup Artist they cannot draw their art is the same as telling a professional painter they cannot paint their art. How are they supposed to express themselves???? Come on, guys!

Yeah, anyway, that's my idea. Yup.

Makeup Artists and people who have heard their calling for using makeup as paint to express themselves can do as much makeup art stuff as they want on their free canvas they were born with...their own faces!

I AM, however, against makeup for women who use it to cover up their faces. These people are actually covering up their natural beauty. These people look BETTER without makeup. If you are young, and you look less fake without makeup, I would say WHA DA HECK! for what frickin reason do you need that stuff for? Seriously.

Makeup Artists can use makeup. The rest of us, let's keep our faces natural and pretty, okay? You are beautiful. All of you. I can't see you but I know you are. Trust me on this one, okay? :)

I was prompted to write this post after seeing this video by Nikkie Tutorials. She's so funny and sweet :)

See ya later, alligators! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment