Wednesday, October 22, 2014

BFF = Best Friends FOREVER?!

Hi guys... in this post I'll be talking about BFFs. Real or not? Is it possible to have a BEST FRIEND that lasts FOREVER?

Some rare cases say yes, most cases say well... not really and not always.

I've had some friends that I thought were well, you know, friends. I mean, I didn't confide in them all that much or told my deepest secrets or had them comfort me when I was feeling down... but I had friends that lasted a long time.

But then... we grow up and go separate paths and even though we still send each other birthday gifts, we don't really... talk all that much any more. And I never told her my deepest secrets or anything...

So, when I see this BFF thing common seemingly in the USA, I wonder, if maybe it COULD be a cultural thing? Japanese are more reserved by nature. It's our culture. Confiding in someone your biggest secrets is like having them look at you without your clothes on. Maybe.

But seriously, BFFs sound like SOOOO much fun!

You watch movies together, go shopping (I'm a girl), talk about this boy or that boy, get fashion advice... plus, you know you always have a shoulder to cry on when you're down.

I wonder if being in Japan made me miss out on that... or could it have been this way anyway? I mean, I am on the shy side and shy people tend to only have a small handful of somewhat trustworthy friends. Most of the time I spend alone soooo I don't really know how constant companionship will work for me :/ 

*whispers* I hope I can get married one day :/

So, from a shy person point of view, I've always struggled with this "friend" thing that you have to bother with when you're in society. What are some things you look for in a friend? And to those who have best buds, what makes them so special besides the BFF must haves I talked about earlier? Is there a formula for someone who could be your BFF or does the duration of the friendship matter as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment