Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Something = Nothing Theory (SuperCarlinBrothers video link linked!)

So, Nothing. What is nothing? Well, it is definitely something that I have often thought about and thought I was the only one to think so deeply but then...

SuperCarlinBrothers video about NOTHING

Someone else has thought about it and posed a new theory that I didn't have! :) yay face

His theory was that, nothing is an area sort of, where it's just clear. And Clear is like a new color. It can't be something that we can imagine. Hmmm...deep...

Here's my theory and I even wrote a poem on this if I can find it...um...later.

So, imagine a box. It is empty. You are asked to say what is in it. You look inside. You will probably say,

"There's nothing in here!"

And yes, there IS nothing in there. Well, nothing that you can see, that is.

But think about it, there could be these minute pieces of dust that we can't see with the naked eye. And, not to mention air that is all around us otherwise we'd probably suffocate by just looking inside the box to see if there is anything in there. It's like outerspace where...we can't breath.

But
it isn't.

So, if we look with our naked eye and see nothing. It is just Nothing By Our Naked Eye.

Then imagine you were asked to look inside the box using a microscope. I had this...miniature microscope thing my grandmother's brother (who I just called "uncle" because he's my mother's uncle) gave me. It can zoom in on fabric and stuff until you see the threads twining together and stuff. It's pretty cool for an only child who doesn't have playmates in her house when both her parents are busy with work and household stuff.

Anyway. When you look at the box, you'd see a close up of the stuff it's made out of. Is that nothing? No. It is something. Ha! There, I proved to you that there is indeed something in that empty box.

Okay, here's where it gets tricky.


To make it easier, let's say, Nothing = the things we CAN'T SEE WITH OUR NAKED EYE.

Something = the things we CAN see with our naked eye.

But, with the microscope experiment, we have discovered that the things we CAN'T see with our naked eye are just THINGS WE THINK WE CAN'T SEE with our naked eye but they still exist.

Everything that exists, is something, right? So we have to change the definition of Something.

Now,

Something = the things we CAN see with our naked eye and the things we THINK we CAN'T see with our naked eye but actually exist, in other words, ANYTHING THAT EXISTS IS SOMETHING

Phew! What a rollercoaster ride! (I HATE rollercoasters and will never ride one *whispers* you can't make me. But... I will ride the rollercoasters of thoughts, anyday.)

Therefore, we also need to change the definition of Nothing. It used to be the things we CAN'T SEE WITH OUR NAKED EYE. But think about it,

the word "thing" is a noun. All nouns, as far as I know, are somethings, if you know what I mean...  And, not to mention the fact that, we just said that even though there are things we can't see with our naked eye doesn't mean they don't exist.

Now I'm not talking about fairies and mystical creatures and stuff. I'm talking about whatever is in that empty box I brought up earlier.

So...
brace yourselves

If indeed Nothing are the "things (noun)" that we THINK we can't see with our naked eye

they

could

be

Something.

Indeed when we say "nothing does not exist", IT TRULY DOES NOT EXIST EVEN AS A CONCEPT. Yes, boys and girls, men and women, LGBTQ, when we say "nothing" we are talking about the idea, the concept, and not whether or not we can see it, touch it, feel it, taste it, five-sense it, or whatever we have to do to confirm it's existence.

(I just typed "nother"...mix of "not" and "whether"?)

Are you guys following okay? Should uh, should I give you a moment of NOTHING to like...uhm... contemplate and read back what I said? I should? Okay. Here's a bit of nothing.


a




bit



of





nothing







Okay. We're back. Okay. Take a deep breath for you could forever get super-utterly-completely confused with what I'm going to say / write / whatever next. I'm starting to get confused, too :/ Which isn't good cuz I'm writin this thing.

Let's talk only about concepts.

Okay, review time.

Something = that which we can see with our naked eye and that which we THINK we CAN'T see with our naked eye but, we just THINK we CAN'T see it so it actually DOES exist (dust particles, molecules, etc.)

Nothing = that which we THINK we CAN'T see but that which we needed a name so we could identify it before we knew that there was actually Something there (dust particles, molecules, etc.)

Hmm... I wonder when the concept "nothing" came out.  Maybe before we really had science that could see things like dust particles and molecules and understand air and stuff... yeah.

Maybe you realize something that comes back to the title of this post.

Yes.

The golden conclusion.

Here it is.

Something = Nothing

There.

I said it.

Loud and clear, or written or, uh, whatever.

Here's the real point of my post.

If nothing equals something
then we are nothing, too. (rhythmic reading intended)

That part actually comes from my poem. I need to find it...uh...later.

So... if Nothing is Something, think back on all those times in elementary school or junior high or high school where you learned in math (ugh I hate math) that equations can go both ways.

Uh oh... o.O

Does that truly mean that

Something could actually equal Nothing? (=>also part of my poem)

Whoa. Scary stuff. You know, if we are Nothing, then *lightbulb moment!!!* we exist and don't exist at the same time! Oh mah gaud, major lightbulb moment!!!!! Eureka!!!(spelling?)

Existence... When you really get into the bulk of it, it's pretty amazing. If we can exist and not exist at the same time, then maybe when we die, we don't actually go anywhere but just cease to exist in a fleshy way but continue to exist and even continue to live our lives on this planet Earth!

I'm not going into the whole heaven or hell or judgment day or bible or religion whatnot because it is heavy stuff that can offend people sometimes but don't bash me. That was just my Eureka!!! moment. Just a very innocent opinion.

Okay, topic stray!!!

So, something is nothing and nothing is something.

Personally, I don't think the word "nothing" should exist. Uhh, that sounded super philosophical. Nothing shouldn't exist. Hmmmm...my mind might explode if I think about it too much.

What I meant is that "nothing" as a word, should not exist. It just confuses people! Just say the box is empty for goodness gracious sakes! (sorry if my immature / mature swearing offends some of you).

I think... I'll leave the post hanging here because, I want you guys to think it out.

1. What is your concept of "nothing" and "something"?
2. Do you think something = nothing?
3. Tell me one of your Eureka!!!moments
4. Do we exist or not? Or are we existing and not existing at the same time?
5. Should all dictionaries eliminate the word "nothing" from it's online or paper pages?

See ya later alligators :)

PICTURE MOMENT!!!

Title: Scarlet Night
Description: Edited my own sunset picture and added on an iPhone wallpaper for the snowy trees effect. The stars, I think, are from another wallpaper. Some outerspacey one.


No comments:

Post a Comment