Thursday, May 30, 2013

Technology Kills Us

Literally.

I hear about how people are less active because our societies are so advanced now, how they have unhealthy social lives, how they actually die from technology... it's sad.

Less active people can become obese and obese people can suffer from diabetes and other diseases.  Some that can be fatal.

A lot of us can have unhealthy social lives, too.  Because we might be at the computer every day and only leave to eat and go to the bathroom, we might not come in contact with people.  People need people.  Without them we can become closed up inside ourselves.  We are social creatures.  We need interaction for a healthy life, believe it or not.  To release stress, instead of doing a hobby, apparently it's better to interact with people.

We can also die from technology.  I heard about a boy in... either it was Taiwan or China... who was at an Internet cafe playing a game.  He sat there for forty hours and then dropped dead.  His friends, though they were sitting in next to him separated by walls, didn't notice he was dead until a few hours later when they finished their game.  Crazy, huh?  He was soooooo into the game that he didn't even stop to answer to his body's needs.  I'm guessing his friends did though.

Now when I sit at the computer I'm always afraid all the blood is going to stop flowing in my body if I sit for more than a few hours.

For a long time I have rejected technological advancement.  Like thin-screened TVs or Blue-ray.  Now I see those in my house.  My parents are always up to keeping up with stuff.  I'm more resistant to that.  I mean, do we really, really, really, REALLY, need those stuff?

People have also grown less patient over the years.  Now we want something faster than what we already have.  Do any of you remember what the big bulky computers were like?  Do you remember how slow they were and how that didn't really bother us at all?  Now we get impatient if we have to wait for only a few minutes, no, make that thirty seconds!  It's ridiculous!

Boy what a bunch of irritated, unhealthy, anti-social human beings we have become! Thank you, O' Technology for making us this way! (sarcastic tone)

What a world this is becoming, eh?  I'm really afraid what will happen in ten years' time.  Technology is taking over our lives so quickly...  What will become of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment