Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Truth About Japan

I surely do hope someone comments on my posts.






It's 1:02 in the morning so don't jump on me if... I go a little nuts on this, okay?

Some people think that they know Japan really really really REALLY well... just because they watched one YouTube video or heard about one thing in the news or something.

Uh, uh, do you expect all of Japan to be like that?

For example, there is this YouTube video I watched about a Japanese Pet store.  Now, even I haven't seen meerkats and flying squirrels in a petshop in Japan and I have lived in Japan for... well, since I was three.  That's a long time.  And, uh, uh, not all pet stores are like that okay?  So... don't get your hopes up you YouTube commenters.

Another thing; a lot of people seem to think TOKYO when they hear Japan.  Uh, not everywhere is like that and please, TOKYO is CRAZY.  I lived there for only two years and I know, okay?  My advice to those who want to visit, I know TOKYO is glamour Japan but... no, it's just like the Japanese version of New York City.  I've never been to NYC but if you have, then don't go to TOKYO.  Go to the countryside where you get to experience the REAL Japan.  Sorry if my CAPS are annoying.  I'm just trying to make a point without having to go out of my way and make the letters "bold".

Okay... so... and... not everyone is superly superly interested in JAPANESE traditional festival thingies and stuff soooo... don't ask so many TRADITIONAL questions, okay?  I... don't know.  Sorry!

And... you can eat or drink in the bus in Japan.  Some YouTuber said you can't but it was probably just in that certain region.  Everyone does it.  The trains, duh, everyone does it even more there.  Relax, it's Japan.

Another thing, just because we are ASIAN doesn't mean we are super smart.  I'm dumb... er, maybe not dumb but I know I'm not smart.  And just because one smart chinese boy did an awesome thing on YouTube, doesn't mean we ASIANS can all do that.  Don't get your hopes up you YouTube commenters.

And um... oh yeah, we have McDonalds, Denny's, Seven Eleven, Mister Donut... so relax.

And... just be polite, don't talk on the phone in the train, don't be loud in public, stick to the status quo... and you're good to go to Japan.

If I think of any more stuff I heard that annoys me that people say and they think they know Japan inside and out, I'll update this post.  But for now, goodnight folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment