Wednesday, November 21, 2018

MY SMILE IS WEIRD. (inspired by Malinda Kathleen Reese)


Inspired by Malinda Kathleen Reese's video (which you can watch here or click this link), I decided to write this article.

I do NOT like seeing my reflection.

I only look at myself in the mirror when I'm brushing my teeth or washing my face or tying up my hair...or making faces because, let's FACE it, we all do that ;)

Why do I not like seeing my reflection? I don't like to have my picture taken either and I was once told that "There is NO WAY someone can NOT LIKE having their picture taken."

Duh.

I'm a walking, talking example among many others.

Image result for confused girl

It was an idiot guy who thought he knew me better than I did.

Here are the reasons:

1. I don't like seeing myself smile.

It's not because I think I look ugly or I have low self-este...actually it might be a little bit of low self-esteem...but because I just think I look weird when I smile. I don't hate my smile. I just think it looks weird. Nothing negative about it. My smile doesn't make me gag or anything. But, I don't want to stare at myself smiling.

2. Why fuss over my face?

I don't wear makeup. I'm not worried about a zit here or there. This is my face. Here it is with all its raw glory. That's the reality. Okay, moving on. Not important. I don't see value in worrying about what my face looks like. If you don't like my face, I don't care. Maybe I don't like yours' either.

3. I don't like having my pic taken because I can't smile for a pic.

I can never plan a facial expression. I'm just not a very expressive person on my face. If you knew my thoughts, well, that's a different story ;) You'd be surprised with the contrast (which I do show in my YouTube vids).

4. Why YouTube?

You might be surprised, or maybe not, that when I record myself, I can see myself. It doesn't bother me AT ALL. Actually, it used to a little bit until I was able to look at myself objectively.
I'm a person on YouTube. How would I want to see a person on YouTube? How would I want them to express themselves?
A TON of facial expressions? Alright. We'll do that.
It HELPS for me to see myself when recording videos.

Okay, you got me. I'm probably a walking, talking contradiction.

BUT I'M NOT.

The times I CAN look at myself in the mirror and smile without feeling weird is when I'm looking at my reflection as though it belongs to someone else. As though I'm looking at a video of someone else who changes their expressions when I do.

Weird?

Maybe.

But I've solved a lot of my mental mysteries on my own BECAUSE I can look at myself or the situation objectively.

Hmm.

Maybe, if I can figure out how I do it, I can teach people who to view themselves objectively...although if they go to a therapist, they might learn that.

Hmm, bummer. Thought I could make good business off of it XD

See ya later, alligators :)

No comments:

Post a Comment